56 posts
  • 4 / 6
 by PARAM
1 month 2 days ago
 Total posts:   12262  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

actionjack wrote:You read my mind, that was my other concern, is McVay here only here as long as Stafford? Another reason to get some dude in here earlier, get coached up by McVay and maybe keeps McVay around longer.

Im going to enjoy the hell out of the next couple years barring injury, cause it could get dark real quick in LA after that...

I'd rather they avoided drafting "the next Rams starting QB" because they're gonna waste years if they do. I'd think McVay would be infused if Stafford said, "this is it" in 2025 or 2026 and they got the kid then. Take on that challenge and have him for 5 years, 4 years starting.

by actionjack
1 month 2 days ago
 Total posts:   3974  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

PARAM wrote:I'd rather they avoided drafting "the next Rams starting QB" because they're gonna waste years if they do. I'd think McVay would be infused if Stafford said, "this is it" in 2025 or 2026 and they got the kid then. Take on that challenge and have him for 5 years, 4 years starting.

So they get the kid later just as the rest of your roster is reaching their peak, we start a rookie QB with an established roster. Dont love that idea no matter how many years we have him. I much have a guy sit behind Stafford for a min of 1 year to "learn" how to play QB in the NFL.

Paying off for Green Bay now....

by PARAM
1 month 2 days ago
Hall of Fame

actionjack wrote:So they get the kid later just as the rest of your roster is reaching their peak, we start a rookie QB with an established roster. Dont love that idea no matter how many years we have him. I much have a guy sit behind Stafford for a min of 1 year to "learn" how to play QB in the NFL.

Paying off for Green Bay now....

Different approaches. The one you propose is fine. Makes sense. There's more than 1 way to go about it though.

As far as the roster reaching it's peak. Which would you rather have? A rookie QB with a solid roster or a rookie QB with an unproven roster?

Like I said, more than one way to approach it. We're gonna find out which way they go. I'm fine with either TBH. Mainly because I trust their judgement.

by PARAM
3 weeks 6 days ago
Hall of Fame

I like it.

by Dare
3 weeks 6 days ago
 Total posts:   80  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Practice Squad

The Rams signed Tyler Johnson WR. He was with the Rams last year but only played a few snaps in their finale against the 49ers with Wentz as the QB. Johnson is somewhat of a surprise signing. He's a veteran who has shown he is strictly a possession type WR. He reminds me of Skowronek, not fast but has shown he can get open in the short and intermediate zones.

He has good length, so he fits the mold of the new Ram WRs. He's an interesting signing for depth if he makes the team.

by ramsman34
3 weeks 6 days ago
 Total posts:   8564  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Eliminating draft ‘needs” by filling them with vets. STs are important. Vets who are depth players are typically core STs guys. Rookies make mistakes, especially on STs.

by BobCarl
3 weeks 3 days ago
 Total posts:   4311  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

ramsman34 wrote:Vets who are depth players are typically core STs guys. Rookies make mistakes, especially on STs.

yes ... but for some rookies it is a chance to prove themselves worthy of handling the pressure of the game for the phases they were drafted for.

Hall of Famer Isaac Bruce is a perfect example ... played 12 games his rookie season with 21 total catches ... his ST performance, (along with his work ethic) is why the coaches kept their faith in him.

Maxx Crosby is another one of those guys that excelled in special teams as a rookie ... his rookie year in training camp it was doubtful that he'd even make the team ... his special teams success showed the coaches that he was worthy of securing a roster spot.

• 4 / 6
56 posts Apr 28 2024