United States of America   So. Cal.
Hall of Fame

69RamFan wrote:You mean Brandon Allen the QB,,,
He is the third stringer,,,
and thats where he will stay...
Doesnt have a strong arm.....

And QB Luis Perez is too green...

So most likely both Allen and Perez will be part of the PS IMO

He got the right name. He's asking about Brian Allen, the rookie C from Mich. State.

by 69RamFan
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   3164  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Superstar

RamsFanSince82 wrote:He got the right name. He's asking about Brian Allen, the rookie C from Mich. State.

Oh yeah correct,,,

So many Allens… :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

He has been doing good from what I've seen...
Getting plenty of reps in practice...
and starting today...

by PARAM
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   12185  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

RamsFanSince82 wrote:He got the right name. He's asking about Brian Allen, the rookie C from Mich. State.

Yes. I thought he'd have more pub since he was our second selection in the draft and came hyped as a guy who "may not be the most talented but will work as hard as anybody and produce results". In fact, IIRC, some talking heads claimed he would surprise a lot.

by pmill66
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   152  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Rookie

JFM played well. Gets after the QB, cant have enough of those types.

by /zn/
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   6758  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

I think Brian Allen played most of the game, at center and guard. And did well.

by /zn/
5 years 7 months ago
Hall of Fame

/zn/ wrote:I think Brian Allen played most of the game, at center and guard. And did well.

He played 48 offensive snaps or 74% of total offensive snaps. That ties him with Noteboom for most offensive snaps played.

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2018/0 ... n-rookies/

by PARAM
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   12185  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

/zn/ wrote:He played 48 offensive snaps or 74% of total offensive snaps. That ties him with Noteboom for most offensive snaps played.

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2018/0 ... n-rookies/

Glad to hear that. The talking heads had me excited about his prospects / the Rams prospects with the first two picks being OL.

by /zn/
5 years 7 months ago
Hall of Fame

PARAM wrote:Glad to hear that. The talking heads had me excited about his prospects / the Rams prospects with the first two picks being OL.

Right now ("right now" obviously being a really important qualifier) Allen is getting pretty good buzz, while Noteboom is getting superlative buzz.

If the positive buzz about NB holds up, then, the Rams will have pulled off quite a coup. I know everyone knows all this but sometimes it's just fun to put it down in black n white. Namely...he's a good pick if he ends up starting some day at guard or ROT, but if he ends up starting at LOT, he's a GREAT pick.

It’s rare. Looking back at LOTs taken in the 3rd round from 2006-2015 (that’s a decade, and it stops 3 years ago so it’s easier to grade guys):

in that span 22 OTs were taken in round 3. (Impossible to tell how many were originally drafted as LEFT OTs, which makes a big difference.) Of those 22, 2– Jared Veldheer and Terron Armstead–became continuing starters at LOT.

9%.

This is premature of course. He has yet to face real opposing NFL DEs and OLBs, and he may end up at ROT or guard and not LOT.

• 2 / 2
18 posts Mar 28 2024