31 posts
  • 1 / 4
 by phoenixrising
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   816  
United States of America   Arroyo Grande, CA
Veteran

I haven't seen anything posted on this board...Schefter reports he's coming for a visit Sunday. Reading Galette's tweets, it sounds like a done deal in his mind. Galette's an edge rusher with an injury history and behavioral issues, but he played well in Wash last year. PFF supposedly had him ranked in their top 15. Wash fans seem to like him.

by /zn/
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   6758  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

Both McVay and LB coach Barry would know Galette from Washington. He tore his achilles tendon twice there. Years where he was healthy he was productive. In terms of being an at risk personality, the guy has a long list of bad incidents. He is a free agent though and out of chances, so if the Rams are actually interested, I can't imagine him signing for much.

by dieterbrock
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Galette hasn’t played a single down of football in a game while McVay or Barry were on staff. All they might know is his personality.
Just hope if they are signing him, it’s a non guarantee deal so he’s not going to take any reps away from our younger guys.

by pmill66
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   152  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Rookie

Okoronkwo, the 5th round pick has not practiced due to his broken foot. Would be a lot of ground to make up in a short amount of time. Galette looks be filling the spot that OO was expected to fill. Tough break for the rookie.

by dieterbrock
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

pmill66 wrote:Okoronkwo, the 5th round pick has not practiced due to his broken foot. Would be a lot of ground to make up in a short amount of time. Galette looks be filling the spot that OO was expected to fill. Tough break for the rookie.

Of course Galette hasn’t been practicing either...

by snackdaddy
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   9631  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Not sure what he can offer at this point. Maybe the vet presence Barwin brought last season? If he's visiting the team its not out of the question I suppose.

by Hacksaw
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

1.JPG

Dude was out for 2 years....

https://sports.yahoo.com/remember-junio ... 06514.html
Few players created more excitement from Redskins fans without ever delivering on the field than pass rusher Junior Galette.

The lack of production has not been Galette's fault. Both in 2015 and in 2016, the former Saints sackmaster tore his Achilles, and was lost for the season. This year, after two long years away from the game, Galette finally made it through training camp healthy, and Washington fans allowed themselves to grow excited.

In 2014, his last season on the field, Galette logged 10 sacks for New Orleans. In 2013, he had 12 sacks.

Tude' didn't help dude's career.

https://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2 ... tte_5.html
Galette's demise, however, began almost a year ago.

Multiple team sources said the Saints grew weary of Galette's behavior soon after rewarding him with the new deal and spent virtually the entire offseason trying to sever ties. Saints officials went over various scenarios in the past six months to rid themselves of Galette, from seeking possible trade partners to his outright release, which would result in a massive salary cap hit.

Galette's change in attitude after the new contract coupled with his arrest in January on a domestic violence charge in Kenner ultimately sealed his fate with the organization, sources said.

Perhaps a dose of 'We Not Me' might help the medicine go down.

by phoenixrising
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   816  
United States of America   Arroyo Grande, CA
Veteran

I'm sure if the Rams sign him it will be a low-risk contract. He got tased by the police somewhere along the line and beat someone with a belt on the beach in another incident. But on the bright side, he's got some elite pass rush skills. Only 3 sacks last year, but I read somewhere he had 35 QB hurries for one of the best rates in the NFL. That counts for one pillar, doesn't it?

by 69RamFan
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   3164  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Superstar

Personally, I like the young group we have right now...

Unless Longacre and OO aren't ready to go by the end of pre season....

Then I see no problem signing JG to a Vet min contract...

• 1 / 4
31 posts Mar 28 2024