Canada   Edmonton, AB
Pro Bowl

First ejection due to the new helmet rule:

Seahawks/Colts Preseason week 1.

by Hacksaw
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

That didn't work out. Ejections are going to be on the rise and human thumbs are going to get larger. :?

by Horny Mcbae
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   1543  
United States of America   South Bay, Los Angeles
Pro Bowl

So they want the players to keep their heads up. More grill on grill action. Can't say how a player going full speed can manage it and still deliver a meaningful hit.

Guys will adapt i guess. If it makes the game safer i am all for it.

by Rams1PlateSince1976
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   2072  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

If you want to damn near eliminate concussions from head hits take away the helmets. Ever play tackle football on an un-organized level? No helmets. No concussions.

The above message brought to you by the Orthodontists Association.

by Rams1PlateSince1976
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   2072  
Pro Bowl

If safer is the goal play soccer. Sure can't watch it. I don't believe anyone has ever been hurt playing soccer other than a few guys I hurt in the only soccer league I ever participated in. And they weren't even hurt. They just rolled around on the ground for a few minutes crying.

by Turtle
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   123  
Practice Squad

Rams1PlateSince1976 wrote:If you want to damn near eliminate concussions from head hits take away the helmets. Ever play tackle football on an un-organized level? No helmets. No concussions.

The above message brought to you by the Orthodontists Association.

Yea I played plenty of backyard football and never had a helmet on. I never had a concussion but then I never played against an Aaron Donald. :lol2:

by Horny Mcbae
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   1543  
United States of America   South Bay, Los Angeles
Pro Bowl

Rams1PlateSince1976 wrote:If safer is the goal play soccer. Sure can't watch it. I don't believe anyone has ever been hurt playing soccer other than a few guys I hurt in the only soccer league I ever participated in. And they weren't even hurt. They just rolled around on the ground for a few minutes crying.

Is this a serious comment? I can’t tell.

by Hacksaw
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Horny Mcbae wrote:So they want the players to keep their heads up. More grill on grill action. Can't say how a player going full speed can manage it and still deliver a meaningful hit.

That must be the point. However I can see more neck injuries keeping the head out of alignment with the spine. :?

by snackdaddy
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   9631  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Anybody watching the end of the Vikes/Jags game? There was a sack on the Jags QB that clearly looked like a clean play and they called roughing the passer. If this is what is going to happen during the regular season there is going to be a big problem. Especially when a team loses a game because of it.

• 1 / 2
11 posts Mar 29 2024