7 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by RamsFanSince82
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   5851  
United States of America   So. Cal.
Hall of Fame

Did anyone watch any of the exciting Thursday night games? If so, post your comments about the games/players from Thursday night or any of the other week two games.

I didn't watch any of the games. Sam Darnold's numbers don't look good (8-11, but for only 62 yards and an INT...it looks like a lot of very short passes). How did he do?

I'm surprised Brady played as much as he did (26 passes).

by norcalramfan
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   321  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Starter

Pats OL Wynn out for the year with an Achilles injury. I’m OK with McVay not playing any regulars this preseason. Got to be ready for week one and the preseason is an exhibition only. These guys can get ready for the season with regular reps In practice. Do not risk
Injury. Sit them down!!!!

by Horny Mcbae
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   1543  
United States of America   South Bay, Los Angeles
Pro Bowl

I understand the fear of injury in the pre-season and it being meaningless. But you can't expect a player to be sharp in the first game of real stakes football when he hasn't had much time on the field before that. Its a delicate balance.

Let's say you tell you player to take it easy the whole pre-season and then all of a sudden ramp it up to 11 on MNF. To me that carries a risk of muscular injury.

If we knew for sure the Raiders were also keeping all their starters off the field then maybe it would be easier to make that decision but i don't want our guys to be one step behind on MNF because they didn't get enough snaps in pre-season. Cannot overstate the importance of every game this season.

My choice would be to give the starters 1 complete quarter tomorrow and 1 half against the Texans and of course just one series in the last pre-season game.

I've always wondered one thing, why don't team start the game with the second string against the opponent 1s and then bring on their first string in the second half against their 2s and 3s. To me that would build up the 1s confidence and would make it a little easier to get into the rhythm of things.

by max
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   5579  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

norcalramfan wrote:Pats OL Wynn out for the year with an Achilles injury. I’m OK with McVay not playing any regulars this preseason. Got to be ready for week one and the preseason is an exhibition only. These guys can get ready for the season with regular reps In practice. Do not risk
Injury. Sit them down!!!!

I don't think the national guys realize how big the loss of Wynn is.

The Pats lost their LT to the Giants in FA. Nate Solder.

They traded Cooks to Rams because they valued OL help as more important to 41 year old Brady. They used that first round pick on Wynn and they expected him to start. Now he's gone. Keep in mind that the Pats traded their first round pick to get Cooks from the Saints. The Saints drafted Ramczyk with the Pats pick last year and he is playing LT very well.

Now the Pats don't have a single OT on their roster who was drafted before the 5th round. Their entire OL is made up of lower round picks and UDFA. They are a bunch of overachievers at best, who rely on system in lieu of talent.

I won't be surprised if Brady takes a beating this year. This could very well be the year that he gets knock out and the Pats take a dive.

by Rams1PlateSince1976
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   2071  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

OK. This is my idea and I get patent, trademark rights etc. The draft is in April. Training camp is in May. Pre-season games are in June. July and August are conditioning months. Regular season starts September.

Bye week for the Rams is the second Sunday of November.

by bubbaramfan
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   1117  
United States of America   Carson Landfill
Pro Bowl

Rams offensive starters have been going at it hard vs the 1st team D this last week. They're ready.

What bothers me about the defense is they've had no real tackling all TC. I get McVay not wanting to go the first game with players hurt from practice.

I also get that he doesn't want starters in so the Raiders can get match up tape.
McVay and Wade are still evaluating bottom of the roster players and they need tape of them against another team.

by Zen_Ronin
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   2035  
Canada   Edmonton, AB
Pro Bowl

Cards just lost starting DT Nkemdiche. Not sure how serious or for how long, but he's not coming back this game.

• 1 / 1
7 posts Mar 28 2024