327 posts
  • 7 / 33
 by RedAlice
5 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   6596  
United States of America   Dallas, Texas
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:do you ff guys spend time at ff sites, going with their recommendations, etc.? are these sites even helpful? years ago i subscribed to a ff site, still a subscriber, because it offered some great stats which couldn't be found elsewhere, but never bothered to look at their ff stuff, which is 99% of what their site is about.

The sites are useful to a point. You will prolly love the stats.

I play a lot of Dynasty so like this site:
https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/rankings/dynasty-qb.php

And for a funny stat: I won a Seahawks Fans only (plus one adorable Rams fan) league last year w almost all Rams players.

I followed no advice from any site, just loaded up on Rams. Was supposed to be kinda funny given the league. Then I won.

It’s gonna be funny to me when they draft Rams players this year.

by AltiTude Ram
5 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   2167  
United States of America   Denver
Pro Bowl

RedAlice wrote:Gaining traction on it, anyone here want to join a full on IDP league with only players who have proven themselves?

I would be in. Money league would sweeten the deal.

by aeneas1
5 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

AltiTude Ram wrote:I would be in. Money league would sweeten the deal.

money always makes things a bit more fun/interesting, as long as we're not talking lose the family home money, i'd trust any of you who wants to play banker with their paypal account... that said, i think i'm still looking for a league, so count me in on whatever you want to set up, if you need participants...

by RedAlice
5 years 8 months ago
Hall of Fame

AltiTude Ram wrote:I would be in. Money league would sweeten the deal.

I can add that. I’m only inviting players who are proven.

I’m sure we are willing to put some money on it.

by aeneas1
5 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

RedAlice wrote:Hmmm.

i june.

Then post disappeared. That was a bit odd. A1?

big boss replied "i may" to a post, "i june" seemed like a logical follow up, at the moment, really stupid a moment later, so i deleted it!

by RedAlice
5 years 8 months ago
Hall of Fame

Ok. So my FF history. In 2012 I had never played. Joined 5 leagues. Won my most competitive one.

Next year, I played 43 leagues. All sorts. Kept a massive spreadsheet on it. Was trying to figure out odds and how this game works.

It became completely statistical. And before you ask, it’s not that hard to manage if you track everything. Tuesdays on the wire took some time.

I learned a lot. I have a 20 - 25 % win rate. No matter. I played all kinds of leagues.

I’ve now kept 15 leagues I adore, including adding this one and a side one from here last year.

I commish a local one that has become so fun. In person drafting and getting together. You have to have worked at a certain tech company to be allowed to play.

What I want in my new league is ultra competitive, full IDP. It changes the norm of the O lineup.

LBs are a weekly matchup. Dime a dozen.

Other positions are not.

by RedAlice
5 years 8 months ago
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:big boss replied "i may" to a post, "i june" seemed like a logical follow up, at the moment, really stupid a moment later, so i deleted it!

Ok. That’s funny.

:D

• 7 / 33
327 posts Mar 28 2024