290 posts
  • 14 / 29
 by Phil
5 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   170  
United States of America   Norwalk, CA
Rookie

Still a dump.

I'm all for preserving historic venues, but there's nothing in the world that can make the Coliseum a desirable facility.

Dodger Stadium is the only venue in Southern California that has been able to modernize and meet its fans' needs without compromising its original aesthetic. It's much younger but still over 50 years-old and looks almost new.

by HighRoller
5 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   291  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Rookie

Phil wrote:Still a dump.

I'm all for preserving historic venues, but there's nothing in the world that can make the Coliseum a desirable facility.

Dodger Stadium is the only venue in Southern California that has been able to modernize and meet its fans' needs without compromising its original aesthetic. It's much younger but still over 50 years-old and looks almost new.

I love Dodger stadium. Like I love Wrigley.

But it is far from "almost new" when you compare it to AT&T, Yankee or Busch stadiums or parks. More than those also.

Not even close.

But that is what I love about it.

by Horny Mcbae
5 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   1543  
United States of America   South Bay, Los Angeles
Pro Bowl

Elvis wrote:They're selling tickets so they must think they'll be ready.

I'm mad the preseason games are at 1 in the afternoon, usually they're in the evening when it's not so hot...

Ya its gonna be hot. I will definitely make it there for at least 1 game. Have to take my dad and my younger brother who i am trying to convert to a Rams fans from agnostic.

And whats this bashing of the beautiful Coliseum? I love the old place. There is so much new new everywhere it actually feels nice to be inside those old walls. Climbing those steep ass stairs, sitting on those seats. I love the experience. You can almost feel the history there man. You can't buy that.

by VegasRam
5 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   132  
United States of America   Las Vegas
Practice Squad

Ramsnation_SD wrote:This is nothing... Those scoreboards were obsolete.

I don't know how many here have ever been there. I went to the first game against Seattle last year, and honestly I was dreading it. I had never been there, and I live 90 miles away from the building. I'm thinking old, dreary, weathered, in a crappy hood, inconvenient...

I'll tell you, it was all those things and one of the most amazing stadium experiences of my life. First of all, traffic, not bad, but we got there early, like 9AM. The $125 bucks to park was a bit of a slap in the face, but that was a private lot off site, VERY close. The place is MASSIVE. When you walk though the tunnel, its stunning. Beautiful, we had a view of downtown Los Angeles, the San Gabriels, the Hollywood sign... Mostly the peristyle. Iconic, and these garbage scoreboards ruin it. They HAD to remove them.

OH... for all you out of the area Rams fans who are waiting for the new place to open to come out? You're missing out. I mean that. The place is magical.

He's right. Went to my first game in 1958 v the Colts (with Unitas and Billy Wade), and my last visit was v the Cowboys in their first game back in LA. It was pretty cool, though concessions were a problem which I understand has been rectified.
We parked at union station and took the metro, which was pretty painless, even for an old fart. Bring a hat and sunglasses - kinda brutal facing west in August and September. 8-)

by Hacksaw
5 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

You'll be good.

Or they will announce a screw up and you'll miss the season , , ,, but you'll get a refund.. lol.

by Mr. Sparkle
5 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   952  
United States of America   Orange County Ca.
Veteran

That explains it. I was wondering what those box's were. Temporary... I watch the cam once a week and knew there was no way they could finish in a couple months. It's still crazy the Rams were gone for over 20+ years and NOW they decide to start tearing apart the stadium? It will be nice and ready just as the Rams leave.

Also, I do not understand all the hype about old and new stadiums. For me, you come, you sit down, you watch the game, you go home. What else is there? I rarely eat or drink at any stadium, although I actually really like the street food around the Coliseum. Yes the new stadium looks amazing but that's a lot of money on a dome where you could just bring a hat. As a guy, the restrooms really are a non factor... women would be different.

I think it may be a blessing in disguise that they have this extra year at the Coliseum. It gives them that much more time to differentiate themselves from the Chargers. I think had both teams showed up at the same time and played in the same stadium, the Chargers would have had at least a bit more fandom.

Looking forward to seeing home my new location and seats are this year!

by Phil
5 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   170  
United States of America   Norwalk, CA
Rookie

The entire home side? Or just the area with new concrete under the press box?

• 14 / 29
290 posts Mar 28 2024