102 posts
  • 1 / 11
 by dieterbrock
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Not sure how many former RRF (realramsfans) members are here, and most that had posted there don’t visit, but it appears that it has finally completed its death spiral. Been a couple days that it’s down
Farewell if so, was a great site at one point
Glad we have this place in its place!!

by snackdaddy
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   9631  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

I suppose someone's gotta pay for web domain. I was wondering how they were up for so long after relocation with minimal activity. But yeah, it was a great site for so long.

There were plenty of posters who associated more with St Louis than the team so they left. Seems like the fans who remained or were LA fans went elsewhere. Some came here. Some went to ROD.

This site is more like an extension of RRF to me. Thanks for getting this thing started Elvis. We appreciate it. :D

by Hacksaw
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Well hopefully minlaw, AfricanRam, Rod Dr Kruff and others might find their way here..

Sad if true.

by dieterbrock
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

What saddens me most is that from time to time I would read some of Beerbelly’s posts. Really miss my friend.
Now it appears that door is closed.

by Claremontram
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   226  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Rookie

I always appreciated the photos that the Ref and others provided.

There were thoughtful folks there.

Now the PD site is another story altogether.....

by AltiTude Ram
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   2167  
United States of America   Denver
Pro Bowl

I enjoyed my time there years ago. A bunch of great posters most of which made their way over here.

In the end I guess they got what they deserved. Some of the mods took a St. Louis stance on relocation. They banned me but allowed posters like hokahey to continue bashing anything LA.

Now that the team relocated, they were abandoned by the posters that were only in it for St. Louis. The same posters they allowed to trash LA fans that are no longer fans of the team.

by Elvis
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   38377  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Our eulogies may be premature. I guess we'll see. RRF had been listing for a while, maybe she finally sank?

One thing i will miss, even at the end: RRF was a great resource for old posts and articles. If i kind of remembered something from a while ago, i could find a post, a quote, an article about it to refresh my memory.

All those posts, all that reference material, possibly gone forever...

by BobCarl
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   4283  
Superstar

AltiTude Ram wrote:In the end I guess they got what they deserved. Some of the mods took a St. Louis stance on relocation. They banned me but allowed posters like hokahey to continue bashing anything LA..

Anyone that joined the site pretty much identified themselves as being a "Real" fan. To me, a "Real" fan is one that is still a fan no matter what city the team is located in. I don't comprehend otherwise.

And to not offer to pass the torch, is very disrespectful to the membership as well as to themselves.

The guy that we called "Cumby" aka "Prime Time" is still a Rams fan, I tend to think that he is a Real Rams Fan.

One of the Rams players dedicated a unique autograph to RRF, of anyone on that board, Cumby is the most deserving to be it's owner. Hopefully he still has it. Someone should ask him to post a photo of the autograph.

Steve was a good guy, and he still is, and he keeps in touch. But the other mods who's names stayed up at the top... How many were there? Has anyone heard from any of them after the team moved? Did something tragic happen to them?

So who is gonna scnach up the domain name?

by SWAdude
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   2440  
Pro Bowl

That site was great in the day. Many good people. There were a ton of emotions flying all over the place leading up to that one Owner's meeting.

Sad to have it disappear a few days ago. I still visited it daily to see what was happening. Old habit I guess.

I can understand how a St Louis fan could temporarily lose enthusiasm with this type of change. I sure did with the move to St Louis. Took me a year to figure out I was a fan no matter. New sites popped up and that membership chose what flavor of a site they liked. I have lurked on a few others and see some familiar names.

by BuiltRamTough
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   5357  
Armenia   Los Angeles
Hall of Fame

I was a member back in the day and it was my go to site.
Attachments
05DA717A-ACFD-419E-8038-7AC45F6D061C.jpeg

• 1 / 11
102 posts Mar 28 2024