48 posts
  • 2 / 5

if you can only keep 2 of the three, which 2 would you keep/sign?

Goff & Donald
66%
Goff & Gurley
25%
Donald & Gurley
9%
 by Elvis
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   38377  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Also, i feel like Wade can put a really good defense on the field even without Donald (though i certainly don't want to find out anytime soon).

Likewise i'm confident McVay can get a lot out of our offense with a variety of skill position players.

How many $100 million players can you have on one team? How many do you need to be a SB contender?

In short, i still don't have an answer, leaning Goff and Donald...

by dieterbrock
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Boy, Donald and Gurley is running away with it...

by BobCarl
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   4283  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

dieterbrock wrote:Boy, Donald and Gurley is running away with it...

if we base it on what we've seen over the last two seasons it makes sense. Goff hasn't carried the team on his shoulders for any game.

But I think that is about to change.

I give Goff a mulligan for year one ... he was playing under Fisher (nuff said).

I consider last year as his rookie season, and he was only game 16 (on the bench) away from a 4000 yard season. Average 4k a year for a career, then advance to Go, and collect a Gold Jacket.

Has Goff reached his peak? Hell no!

by RamsFanSince89
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   165  
United States of America   Orcutt, Ca
Rookie

The modern rules favor the passing game, so QB and protecting/rushing the QB are most crucial. With that in mind, I chose Goff/Donald.
Goff - need a top tier QB or we’ll be 7 and 9 forever. See Fisherball
Donald - generational interior lineman that wrecks the passing game.
Gurley - love, love, love his game & attitude, but we can live with 2 or 3 backs that would be 80% of his production.

by ramsman34
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   8462  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Have a QB, destroy opposing QBs. Goff and Donald.

TG3 is a great back, but there are backs that are close to him coming out every year it seems. He would be the “easier” to replace, IMO.

I want all 3

by AltiTude Ram
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   2167  
United States of America   Denver
Pro Bowl

I'll go against the grain on this one.

Gurley and Donald are both the best in the game at their positions.

I also have faith in McVay. I honestly think he could get more out of an average QB than most coaches. Keenum had a good year under Shurmur and the Vikings were one step away from the Super bowl. Oh and the Eagles won the Super bowl with Foles.

Given that the Rams have the boy genius, I think they could get by without the best talent at QB. I heard it suggested on a podcast recently that Mcvay might be a coach that could cycle through cheap affordable QB's every 4 to 5 years. I tend to agree.

So with all that said, Gurley and Donald would be my choices based on the offensive genius running the show.

by PARAM
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   12185  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

Excellent poll DB!!

It certainly shows the value of Goff. Most fans will take Goff and Donald or Goff and Gurley with very few (1) taking Donald and Gurley. As it should be. I voted for the first combo but I could see a scenario where the second combo could be valuable also.

"It's a QB driven league"

"Points come out of the passing game"

"You have to be able to run and stop the run but if you can't pass, you can't win"

by SWAdude
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   2440  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

Every one of those combinations makes me hyperventilate with the odd man out.

I kept last years MVPs cause it just makes sense........ today.

Some offenses do well with any starting caliber QB. Back in the GSOT days every QB seemed to do well in the Martz offense.

Even the guy packing groceries. :lol2:

by AltiTude Ram
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   2167  
United States of America   Denver
Pro Bowl

PARAM wrote:Excellent poll DB!!

It certainly shows the value of Goff. Most fans will take Goff and Donald or Goff and Gurley with very few (1) taking Donald and Gurley. As it should be. I voted for the first combo but I could see a scenario where the second combo could be valuable also.

"It's a QB driven league"

"Points come out of the passing game"

"You have to be able to run and stop the run but if you can't pass, you can't win"

I find it funny when some think their opinions are the only ones that matter.

You draw an absolute excluding the offensive and defensive MVP'S from last year. As if that shouldn't even be an option.

I agree the QB position is very important but I made my case with examples of how our coach could get by without a top talent at QB.

Please continue with your my opinion is the only one that matters attitude. :lol2:

by PARAM
5 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   12185  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

AltiTude Ram wrote:I find it funny when some think their opinions are the only ones that matter.

Absolutely not. ALL opinions matter. But all opinions are just that.....opinions. Taking a poll shows what direction opinions are leaning. In this case (at the time I made my post), there were a lot of votes for Goff & Donald and a lot of votes for Goff & Gurley with just 1 vote for Donald & Gurley. Simply stated MOST fans thought Donald & Gurley was "option #3" and they were fairly split on what should be option 1 and 2. Doesn't mean they're right....again, just opinions.

SWAdude wrote:Every one of those combinations makes me hyperventilate with the odd man out.

Precisely. Here's hoping we keep ALL 3.

• 2 / 5
48 posts Mar 28 2024