13 posts
  • 1 / 2
 by CanuckRightWinger
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   2777  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

Per Sean McVay presser....

Ogo Okoronkwo suffered a foot injury. He has already had the corrective surgery done. We expect him to recover from this minor foot injury in time to join the team during Training Camp......

or words to that effect.

Speculation in media and other forums is 10 weeks full recovery time to be able to put weight on, make cuts with, the mended foot. Not thought to be Lis Franc injury.

Injury bug can derail the best of NFL plans eh??!! :?

by Elvis
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   38381  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Yeah we've been talking about this some in the OTA thread. I instantly wondered if this was a pre-draft injury and maybe why he fell to the 5th round. Rich Hammond says no.

by CanuckRightWinger
5 years 10 months ago
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

Sorry Elvis....I shudda checked the OTA thread. :oops2:

On the positive side.....good thing McSnead drafted a whole platoon of
EdgeRushers/OLBs/DEs eh??!! Obo's absence will give the rest of the newbies more reps....which could be a good thing.

by Elvis
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   38381  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

No, glad you started the thread. I want everyone to contribute. I thought maybe it deserved its own thread anyway.

(But i also wanted to take credit for being all over it yesterday...)

by CanuckRightWinger
5 years 10 months ago
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

Elvis,

Don't worry about credit...
most every RFUer knows,
The Rams Rules Of Fandom
1. Best Historical NFL Offense Juggernaut Ever...Rams GSOT 1999-2001, :idea2:
2. San Francisco 49ers have always sucked, & will continue to suck forever! :twisted2:
3. NFL Officials stole SuperBowl XXXVI from us on February 03, 2002! :evil2:
4. Carroll Rosenbloom did not die of natural causes!! :idea2:
5. You gotta get up pretty early in the morning to get anything by Mr. Motes!! :idea2: :arrow2: 8-)

Cheers from sunny Vancouver, BC!

CRW

by Hacksaw
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

CanuckRightWinger wrote:Elvis,
5. You gotta get up pretty early in the morning to get anything by Mr. Motes!! :idea2: :arrow2: 8-) CRW

mm.gif

by TomSlick
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   2907  
Italy   Many of us know the feeling of the universe conspiring to bring car and driver together.
Superstar

Elvis wrote:(But i also wanted to take credit for being all over it yesterday...)

...and, apparently, "We Not Me" has gone out the window...

by actionjack
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   3899  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

It really blow to lose Obo, he was the one main guys I wanted to see what he could do on the edge. Not a good place for the Rams to get an injury. Hopefully Obo can still study the defense and not be too behind come TC

by CanuckRightWinger
5 years 10 months ago
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

Hearing of Obo's broken foot bone reminded me that sometimes Draft Picks that look golden....."a steal" as the Talking Heads say....well, sometimes they turn out to be snake-bit. Hopefully Obo falling to the Fifth Round last month on Day Three, when every Draftnik Publication had him going late 2nd, or early Third, is NOT a harbinger of bad Draft Karma for Los Ramos.....BUT IT HAS HAPPENED BEFORE....AND I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT THE LAWRENCE PHILLIPS DEBACLE!!! :idea2:

Case in point.....12 years ago, Spring 2006, Scotty Flounder Linehan's first Rams Draft. Remember what he did? It looked brilliant at the time....

Linehan traded down with Denver's Mike Shanahan, so the Broncos could get Vandy Dandy Jay Cutler as their QB of the future. We got Denver's First and Third Round picks who turned out to be CB Tye CalciumDeficiency? Hill and LSU supposed-stud DT Claude MaryJaneIsMyGirlFriend! Wroten.

Wroten had slid down from the First Round Prospect he supposedly was :roll2: to the Third Round because Louisiana State Troopers pulled him over and he had like 400 lbs of Ganja in his car!! Linehan reported at the time that he "had checked out Wroten's Off-Field concerns" with the LSU HC and had gotten a ThumbsUp//CleanSlate report from his former coaching colleague. Unfortunately for Ramsnation, Scotty took that recommendation to the bank. :(

Remember how things turned out with those two former Rams players???
Claude LazyAsDMVClerk Wroten never even could master being a rotational DT in the NFL, and ended up playing in some Arena League HellHole somewhere. The guy right now is probably selling WeedMuffins somewhere in Colorado outa his trunk!!! :x :arrow2: :evil2:

....and Tye RickettsAreStillAThreat Hill kept breaking bones...in his wrist, ankle, cheekbone (I think).....made me wonder if the guy ever drank any milk in his life.

Point is.....Obo broke his foot doing, presumably, non-contact drills. :o
Somebody please tell me that this Obo foot fracture is just a One-Off Anomaly and that this isn't some Nigerian Variant Of Tye Hill Brittle Bones Syndrome!!! :?
As Yogi Berra wudda opined....this could be deja vu all over again!!! :? :arrow2: :shock2:

• 1 / 2
13 posts Mar 29 2024