39%
2017 Mis-Matched Attempt at Blue and White
61%
 by /zn/
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   6758  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

I don't have issues about where the team plays. That doesn't matter to me either way. So I just look objectively at the uniform. The mismatch doesn't work and it gets worse with the blues. To me the mismatch is a far bigger issue than whether or not some LA fans were bothered by St.Louis colors. I assume most people would put up with the St.L blue/gold helmets if the team just actively said we are saving a uniform change for their debut in the new stadium.

A large percentage of online Rams fans on Rams message boards are "nomads" who are not from either LA or St.L. We are no more homogeneous than either LA or St.L fans are, but you can make some rough generalizations about us. So for example the fact that some associate the blue/gold helmets with St.Louis doesn't mean anything to me at all. I associate it more with an era than a place. So that's just the 99-2015 Rams colors, just as the blue/yellow represents the 70s through 98.

The mismatch just looks bad. It's more tolerable with the whites but with the blues in away games, it just plain sticks out as miserably bad. The worst uniform/helmet combo in Rams history, hands down. In fact it's the only bad one out of all of them.

Short version: I prefer the navy/gold helmets that match over the blue/white helmet mismatch.

In terms of the future, either the yellow or the white horns is fine with me. That will just represent a new era, 2020 to... armageddon. And beyond.

by RedAlice
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   6596  
United States of America   Dallas, Texas
Hall of Fame

I’m not going to write an essay.

The after SB win colors from St. Louis represent: Losing.

Fuck that.

I don’t care if we match, as long as effort is being given to forward movement.

I like the whites. Fully appreciate all effort to get us out of our hell colors.

by /zn/
5 years 10 months ago
Hall of Fame

RedAlice wrote:I’m not going to write an essay.

The after SB win colors from St. Louis represent: Losing.

Fuck that.

I don’t care if we match, as long as effort is being given to forward movement.

I like the whites. Fully appreciate all effort to get us out of our hell colors.

So you would still think that even if they were winning in the blue/gold matched combo?

You would go, winning is great n everything, but it's ruined by the colors?

by dieterbrock
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Can I vote neither?
Echoing @moklerman as much as I didn’t appreciate them change after winning the Super Bowl, I accepted the change and the blue gold replacing the blue yellow was just how it was going to be. I don’t have a problem with the gold pants and blue unis, never have. To me the mismatch started with the advent of the blue on blue, and blue on white atrocities.
Since that isn’t an option, wearing the whites at home is best option and wear the throwbacks on the road when playing a team who also wears whites at home.
I’d prefer the color rush as the road jersey actually.
As for the white horns, while they are neat can we please get the horns wider? After the allure of them wears off, the reality is that they look very silly as narrow as they are

by Phil
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   170  
United States of America   Norwalk, CA
Rookie

Mismatched blue & whites.

The home uniforms look fine. Yeah, the gold on the sleeves sort of suck but it's minimal.

by Hacksaw
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

So if they took the gold numbers on the blue jersey top and made them white, that'd make them as acceptable as the home whites. A little gold is OK for now. Just make the numbers white to match the helmet horns.

And agreed with db that the throwbacks for those occasions where a home team wears white. Oh and fatten up those scrawny antenn,, err ,, horns.

by TomSlick
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   2907  
Italy   Many of us know the feeling of the universe conspiring to bring car and driver together.
Superstar

Blue with white horns. Old school, looks cool and those horns pop off the TV screen.

If not that then put real RAM horns on the helmets, none of this sissy decal stuff. Real...wide...RAM...horns.

by RedAlice
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   6596  
United States of America   Dallas, Texas
Hall of Fame

/zn/ wrote:So you would still think that even if they were winning in the blue/gold matched combo?

You would go, winning is great n everything, but it's ruined by the colors?

Not what I said.

I want out now from the STL colors. That’s history.

by /zn/
5 years 10 months ago
Hall of Fame

RedAlice wrote:Not what I said.

I want out now from the STL colors. That’s history.

Well from the P.O.V. of a decades long Rams fan, it's all history. Including (in my case) both the blue/yellows from the 70s to 99, and then the navy/golds. I liked them both. The only bad one out of that history is the forsaken mismatch they have now. But that's okay, soon those will be history. 8-)

So we just vote differently on this. Which is fine.

• 2 / 7
61 posts Mar 29 2024