69 posts
  • 7 / 7
 by RamsFanSince82
5 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   5851  
United States of America   So. Cal.
Hall of Fame

He looks like Tavon Austin, but better. Hopefully, he can make the practice squad.

by Hacksaw
5 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

At first he reminded me of TA II. He runs N-S which didn't remind me of him. Either he has an incredible burst through the line or his line was blowing holes with more frequency than you might see in the NFL.

by /zn/
5 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   6763  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

RamsFanSince82 wrote:He looks like Tavon Austin, but better. Hopefully, he can make the practice squad.

Hacksaw wrote:At first he reminded me of TA II. He runs N-S which didn't remind me of him. Either he has an incredible burst through the line or his line was blowing holes with more frequency than you might see in the NFL.

I have to admit I don't see any resemblance. So I agree more with Hack. For one he's bigger than TA was. For another he runs like a real back, with vision and burst and the ability to string moves together in more congested spaces. (Who knows if that translates to the next level.) He doesn't have Tavon's high gear though he ain't slow (he seems a shade faster than Kelly.) He also has some balance when hit. Tavon was a fast playmaker and you designed ways to get him in space. This guy can make yardage in traffic on the basis of sheer RB instincts. (Though again who knows how much of that will translate to the pros.)

This bit makes him sound like what Thompson was in Washington and Dunbar was in Dallas and was supposed to be in LA:

http://draftanalyst.com/larry-rose-iii

Rose is a multipurpose ball carrier who is effective in space. His ability to make defenders miss in the open field and catch the ball sets him up as a potential third-down back at the next level.

by CanuckRightWinger
5 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   2777  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

Dalton Keene the Illinois State 6'3" 285 lb DT was in the first batch of Rams UDFAs announced along with USC WR Steven Mitchell and Indiana ILB Tegray Scales. FWIW, Dalton Keene came third in balloting for the 2017 MVFC (Missouri Valley Football Conference) Defensive MVP.

Per draftscout.com Keene was the 682nd best prospect on their Big Board.

Now with an open spot in our 90-man TC squad, Les Snead can prowl the waiver wire lists and the cuts from other NFL squads....a la Larry Rose III the UDFA RB from New Mexico State that Snead purloined from the Tennessee Titans.

by CanuckRightWinger
5 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   2777  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

Roses are red,
Violets are blue.
I'm a schizophrenic....
AND SO AM I!! :lol2:

Whilst it looks like I am responding to my own post....I guess I cudda just hit the EDIT Button....but I got to thinking who Snead might find out there in WaiverWire Land these days.....so I googled "Recent NFL Transactions 2018" and ESPN reports that Bill KnowsFootballTalent Bellicheck just released a UDFA speedster WR (4.52) who led the Pac-12 with 6.7 Receptions/Game before he injured his knee in 2017! 8-)

The 5'10" 197 lb. Patriot-Cut played across town from another Los Angeles NCAA stud-WR, who also hurt his knee last year.....ie. our own former USC WR Steven Mitchell....who is also a 5'10" speedster. :shock2:

I love me those local SoCal boys who come back home and light it up....like former Trojan Robert Woods did last year.

Anyway, the UCLA Bruin cut by Bellicheck on Monday?? Darren Andrews who hurt his knee on November 04th last year. The kid also threw up 19 reps of 225 lbs at UCLA Pro Day. 8-)

Sometimes an injury keeps a stud from being noticed.....maybe Darren Andrews is one of those??? In any case, the Patriots braintrust saw something they liked in Andrews enough to bring him in, so maybe the UCLA Bruin shines even more back breathing home airs as a Ram UDFA, no??! :idea2:

by RamsFanSince82
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   5851  
United States of America   So. Cal.
Hall of Fame

The Larry Rose era is over.

The Rams have made a pair of roster moves on Monday, waiving running back Larry Rose and defensive back Chucky Williams.

Los Angeles was awarded Rose off waivers from the Titans in mid-May after initially signing with Tennessee as an undrafted free agent out of New Mexico State. Williams initially signed with the club as an undrafted free agent out of Louisville in May.

With the pair of moves, Los Angeles’ roster now stands at 88 players. Following the conclusion of the offseason program, the team will reconvene for training camp in late July.

• 7 / 7
69 posts Apr 19 2024