14 posts
  • 2 / 2
 by safer
5 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   1275  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

Rytr wrote:Safer you are so right about the fortune thing. It is a tough go for most wineries. Locally here, most do pretty well, but a lot come and go.

where are your grapes grown? and How do I get a bottle? I could trade you some homebrew!

I live on 5 acres just outside of Solvang. I have a small, 300 vine, syrah vineyard.
We only get about 30+- cases a year, but it is pretty good. Never sell it. It's not a money thing. Friends and I do it for fun and drinking!! Guess you'll just have to come down here and try some!

by Hacksaw
5 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

And those who didn't drink it.

by aeneas1
5 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

snackdaddy wrote:All this talk about running in marathons is making me tired. And hungry. I think I'll take a drive over to the donut shop. After I finish a bottle of Two Buck Chuck. 8-)

always envied those who ran once they started getting up there in years, guess it's not too late to start... my doc said that running, along with solid hours of sleep, will prolong your life, he then added that of course you'll be running and sleeping with the additional time you buy.

napa wineries, back in the day, a must-do, free drunk-fest for every tourist that made it to the sfo bay area, man has that changed, thank goodness! my brother-in-law has been at the wine game for quite a while, in mendocino, he makes some very nice wines (phillps hill wine):

https://www.phillipshill.com/

by Rytr
5 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   20  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Undrafted Free Agent

aeneas1 wrote:always envied those who ran once they started getting up there in years, guess it's not too late to start... my doc said that running, along with solid hours of sleep, will prolong your life, he then added that of course you'll be running and sleeping with the additional time you buy.

napa wineries, back in the day, a must-do, free drunk-fest for every tourist that made it to the sfo bay area, man has that changed, thank goodness! my brother-in-law has been at the wine game for quite a while, in mendocino, he makes some very nice wines (phillps hill wine):

https://www.phillipshill.com/

I feel that running is slowly killing me....But I have been doing it since my decathlon days in college.
I really run so that I can drink beer and wine and not get fat! It is tough when I start hitting the high ABV stouts like Avery (20%). They are about 600 callories a glass.

I think I have tried a bottle of his Chardonnay. I tend to drink mostly California wines and the closer to me the better!

• 2 / 2
14 posts Apr 19 2024