11 posts
  • 1 / 2
 by snackdaddy
5 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

That was automatic. Two All Pros for the next two years a whole lot cheaper than a lesser talented free agent. Gurley's the reigning OPOY.
Imagine going from Trumaine Johnson to Talib and Peters for less money? Worked out good.

by aeneas1
5 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

typical move of a team buying a championship. what's next, signing goff and donald long-term?

by Hacksaw
5 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

aeneas1 wrote:typical move of a team buying a championship. what's next, signing goff and donald long-term?

KW is that you?

by aeneas1
5 years 11 months ago
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:KW is that you?

i'm just tired of these large market teams with money to burn buying championships, while smaller market teams with a fraction of the big guys' tv revenue at their disposal are forced to let their stars walk, forced to sit on the sidelines during free agency, forced to field jags... there's no way the rams could have pulled off the same offseason frenzy if they were still in st. louis.

by Rams1PlateSince1976
5 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   2079  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

Large market LA has never won a super bowl (0-1 record). Small market SL has (1-1 record). We would have won all 3 Super Bowls had My man Nolan Cromwell caught the pick-6 and had the cheatriots played a straight game.

by dieterbrock
5 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Rams1PlateSince1976 wrote:Large market LA has never won a super bowl (0-1 record). Small market SL has (1-1 record). We would have won all 3 Super Bowls had My man Nolan Cromwell caught the pick-6 and had the cheatriots played a straight game.

Didn’t the Los Angeles Raiders win a SB?

by Hacksaw
5 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

aeneas1 wrote:i'm just tired of these large market teams with money to burn buying championships, while smaller market teams with a fraction of the big guys' tv revenue at their disposal are forced to let their stars walk, forced to sit on the sidelines during free agency, forced to field jags... there's no way the rams could have pulled off the same offseason frenzy if they were still in st. louis.

I agree that the star players would prefer to play in LA for a number of reasons , , and some have little or nothing to do with football.
Of course the money angle is all about management since the teams all live by the same rules. (except for SF in the 80's) 8-)

by aeneas1
5 years 11 months ago
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:I agree that the star players would prefer to play in LA for a number of reasons , , and some have little or nothing to do with football.
Of course the money angle is all about management since the teams all live by the same rules. (except for SF in the 80's) 8-)

yeah, should have used blue text, it was a stab at sarcasm, a stab at those who moronically claim that nfl teams, governed by salary cap and cba, can buy championships if so inclined... of course if someone wants to accuse the rams of illegally circumventing the cap by paying guys off the books in an effort to buy a championship, a la debartolo/policy, that's a different conversation.

• 1 / 2
11 posts Apr 19 2024