166 posts
  • 16 / 17
 by moklerman
5 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

dieterbrock wrote:He didn't have "pretty good years" until 4 seasons after the Rams let him go.
True, but he still had it in him and had he stayed in a supportive, familiar system it's unknown whether or not that timeframe would have remained the same.

by /zn/
5 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   6763  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

Of course Warner made positive comments about the Rams last year because they deserved praise. What I think a lot of us are saying is that we have noticed a pattern with him that skews a certain way at times.

Motives.

So you KNOW when he makes positive comments it's just perfunctory because the Rams deserve it.

But then one bad comment (and no others though some act like they exist) is presumably based on bad motives, where (you imply) he ignores the reality cause he's just being pissy. It's completely personal on his part.

Good. See we need another mind-reader.

8-)

by dieterbrock
5 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

moklerman wrote:True, but he still had it in him and had he stayed in a supportive, familiar system it's unknown whether or not that timeframe would have remained the same.

It’s only in hindsight you could say he had it in him.
He basically played mediocre to poorly from 2002-2006. And that cardinals team had Boldin and Fitzgerald.
I’m glad it turned around for him and stoked he’s in the HOF. Like you I wish his Rams career didn’t end the way it did.
I just can’t fathom the team, or any team for that matter, waiting 4 years for him to get healthy. Especially with the money he was claiming.

by PARAM
5 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   12241  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

/zn/ wrote:Motives.

So you KNOW when he makes positive comments it's just perfunctory because the Rams deserve it.

But then one bad comment (and no others though some act like they exist) is presumably based on bad motives, where (you imply) he ignores the reality cause he's just being pissy. It's completely personal on his part.

8-)

You're right. Warner didn't mean anything by it. He's a class act. All he meant was the Rams were looking for great deals with their cap space. Besides, the proof is in his history. Never a problem. Never a distraction. And as far as his analyst persona goes, he said great things about the Rams last year, one of the few who did. They are the facts, right?

by HopHead Ram
5 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   1568  
United States of America   The Left Coast
Pro Bowl

/zn/ wrote:Motives.

8-)

At what point do I imply that he is ignoring reality? No one has said that Warner has never said anything good about the Rams since he left just as no one has said that Warner never says bad things about the Rams since he left. It's possible to say both. It's possible that he is capable of giving praise and to still be a red ass. They are not mutually exclusive.

I study human nature as part of my livelihood. I use that to better protect companies from social engineering attacks. I am a guest lecturer at UCLA on the subject and am considered a subject matter expert. Human nature and behavior is extremely predictable. We view the world through what are called frames. These frames consist of a schema of interpretation we rely on to understand the world. In other words, we build a series of mental filters through biological and cultural influences and use those filters to understand the world. Our choices and actions are influenced by our frames. These frames are shaped by many factors, our history being one of the bigger factors. I would argue Kurt Warner's history has played a pretty significant part on how he views the Rams. It doesn't take a mind reader to know that. It is actually an inescapable truth but what we do not know is to what degree that history plays. To gauge that, we have to look anecdotally at his actions and make an educated guess. Based on more than just this latest comment, he appears to skew one way more than another...and that my friends is my expert opinion :lol:

by /zn/
5 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   6763  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

HopHead Ram wrote: No one has said that Warner has never said anything good about the Rams since he left:

Which is not what I said.

I didn't say anyone said he did not make positive comments.

What I DID say is that in doing their character analysis, people ignored those positive comments about the 2017 LA Rams.

Or in your case, found ways to dismiss them.

Why? Just so the negative comment can then be taken in isolation as somehow indicating his (bad) motives and (bad) character.

It's the traditional defensive gesture. Don't like ONE thing a guy said, attack the guy. In this case, it's a matter of taking the one negative comment about the 2017 LA Rams as being indicative of this sour grapes, pissy personal attitude toward the Rams. That can only be done by ignoring (or dismissing) the positive comments.

A lot of guys did that. This isn't aimed at you specifically.

Anyway I've said it all enough times. Time to move on. 8-)

by HopHead Ram
5 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   1568  
United States of America   The Left Coast
Pro Bowl

At the end of the day, everybody will have their opinion of Warner. Neither side is necessarily right or wrong as each individuals perception is their reality. Who am I to say what you see or think is right or what you see or think is wrong. That is what certain members of our government and society do (I'll leave it up to you to determine who :lol: )From my observations, I see Warner has someone that has definitely been shaped by his history with this team. A history that left some scars I would assume. To say that he does not take some of that with him would be a little naive. All that being said, regardless of the fact that he made some positive comments about the team last year, he made a false and IMO, a petty sounding statement about the team last week. My opinion of Warner was not made last week but rather over the course of his time with the Rams and beyond. I have taken all of the good and all of the bad and formed my own opinion of who I think he is, An ex-player that has moved his primary loyalties to another team.

I agree that the ad hominem attacks are a little tiresome but that is standard operating procedure on a message board. You should be used to it by now.

by RedAlice
5 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   6596  
United States of America   Dallas, Texas
Hall of Fame

Well. At least we have fuel for the fire to entertain the fighters until the season begins.

Adorbs. Smile.

by dieterbrock
5 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

RedAlice wrote:Well. At least we have fuel for the fire to entertain the fighters until the season begins.

Adorbs. Smile.

Lol.
Draft should preoccupy us for a couple weeks

by Hacksaw
5 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

dieterbrock wrote:I watched Warner play in NY, he was a shell of his former self

Of course he didn't have mad Mike, Bruce, Holt or Marshall in NY. The GSOT was clearly more than just Warner.

If he was planning too, that thumb of his could affect his future plans to hitchhike America. It sure derailed his career.

• 16 / 17
166 posts Apr 17 2024