212 posts
  • 11 / 22
 by Hacksaw
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

So eloquent that Peters, ha.

The article reminds us that this could still dry up. I assume these men of honor made some arrangement. At least the way a couple of these articles makes it sound like a done deal?

Hometown Oakland,, hmmm? SF is right there. Are the 9ers the hated rival or would going home be enticing? I'd be mighty po'd if he pulled out and opted to go up there instead. They sure aren't short on cap room.

by AltiTude Ram
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   2167  
United States of America   Denver
Pro Bowl

I can't remember ever a team backing out of a announced trade for a better deal. It's not only bad form but I don't think the NFL allows it.

Sure some trades fall through but honestly, I can only think of failed physicals as a reason why they don't go through.

I could be wrong and if anyone has a example, I would appreciate the share.

by BuiltRamTough
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   5357  
Armenia   Los Angeles
Hall of Fame

I don’t remember the last time Shefter reported a trade and it ended up not happening.

Relax boys, Peters is a Ram!

by BobCarl
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   4283  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

Since Peters seems to have such good hands ... (all of his INTs) ... it would be fun to see McVay use him in 4 or 5 offensive plays a game. I'm pretty sure he had more INT return yards than Austin had receiving yards.

by AltiTude Ram
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   2167  
United States of America   Denver
Pro Bowl

Here's an interesting article on the subject.

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post ... s-possible

ESPN wrote:If the paperwork hasn't been done yet, are we sure the deal will happen?

No, not with 100 percent certainty. Either side could back out without penalty, given that the trade hasn't officially happened. This is a verbal agreement. But now that the news has leaked, backing out would do real and serious damage to a team's credibility. What team, player or agent would feel comfortable doing a future deal with a partner that has a known history of reneging?

by ramsrams
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   1176  
Canada   Mississauga, ON
Pro Bowl

I think I have the delay figured out.

The Rams are now so confident in how they have their draft board stacked that they are contacting the players they WOULD have selected with the picks given up, and apologizing. Its just a matter of courtesy.

Should be cleared up in a few days...

by Hacksaw
6 years 1 month ago

It's probably more about not tipping their deal until they can actually sign him when the new year begins in a few weeks. Not sure why they even leaked what we do know now though...

by TomSlick
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   2907  
Italy   Many of us know the feeling of the universe conspiring to bring car and driver together.
Superstar

Pickup a great player and stick it to the niners in one swoop. Not a bad day's work.

by Hacksaw
6 years 1 month ago

After the trade block involving the Lakers 5 years or so back, I don't trust any of it until it's in ink. Deal blows up and it's just a big story until the next one.
Will it happen? Probably. Might it not? Possibly.

I'm still going to wait until something further is released or the ink is on the paper before I get to happy about it. Especially since it seems SF is/was the only other suitor. .

• 11 / 22
212 posts Mar 28 2024