46 posts
  • 2 / 5
 by BuiltRamTough
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   5357  
Armenia   Los Angeles
Hall of Fame

Seems like they talked to Payton Manning at the Manning camp a couple years ago and Payton loved Cooper Kupp. He threw to him a lot.

This is a interesting video.

by max
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   5579  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

ramsman34 wrote:Don't think it was the "final" call. but, I am sure Wade, McVay, and Snead have all had myriad discussions about current players they covet and what it would take to get them. As long as the Rams are going after younger vet talent, they can continue to "build" this team in both the short and long term. I think it is very savvy use of draft picks but, there does need to be some balance as far as rookies vs vets related to cap impact. I also think Quinn is still very much in play in the Peters deal.

Yeah, I agree with all that. And I'm fine with letting Quinn go in the deal. I'd actually prefer to keep a pick and let him go.

by ramsman34
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   8463  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Very refreshing to hear how the Rams might approach finding the "right" players in the draft and using resources to "hit" on players from the 3rd -7th rounds and UDFAs. also, Demoff touted keeping your organization together - GM+staff/Coaching staff - for a long period of time in order to be consistent and to become a dynasty. THAT is refreshing and shows that the Rams are really starting to get how to build long term success.

by ramsman34
6 years 1 month ago

max wrote:Yeah, I agree with all that. And I'm fine with letting Quinn go in the deal. I'd actually prefer to keep a pick and let him go.

I am with you on that as long as they address both edge rushing OLBs spots - with at least one of those being a young vet (Ansah possibly) - and hopefully finding a mid round guy who is ready early and fell through every other team's evaluation cracks. Or, evening getting one late first round if we keep that pick. OLB/edge rusher is now our greatest need, IMO, and much more so if Quinn is traded.

by ramsman34
6 years 1 month ago

BuiltRamTough wrote:Seems like they talked to Payton Manning at the Manning camp a couple years ago and Payton loved Cooper Kupp. He threw to him a lot.

This is a interesting video.

That also struck me as another solid way to use uncommon resources to find "your guys".

by Hacksaw
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Demoff preachin about being on the same page, , from owner to player, and it appears they are ... These guys are in it to win. I hope they do stick together for a long time (as long as they are winning).
McV proved himself and has everyone's attention. Couldn't be more encouraged.

by max
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   5579  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:Demoff preachin about being on the same page, , from owner to player, and it appears they are ... These guys are in it to win. I hope they do stick together for a long time (as long as they are winning).
McV proved himself and has everyone's attention. Couldn't be more encouraged.

The Rams decision guys are all young and high energy. Fisher is no longer there to burden or distract them with his good old boy persona.

Demoff mentioned that the Eagles were ahead of the curve on analytics and they have been more active in trading than anyone recently. I think Demoff used that to reinforce his belief in analytics and the trades the Rams are making now and last year.

A great quote from Greg Rosenthal this week was that the salary cap is overrated if almost everyone has enough of it. I think the Eagles figured that out early. Smart finance guys like Demoff have figured out how to work numbers to field the most good players. Optimization through single year contracts, trading for reasonably priced vets with great value, and capitalizing on cheap rookie contracts.

I expect we as fans are overly worried about cap space than we should be. The Rams will keep who they want. That means if the Rams want to keep Watkins and Joyner than they will. The only guy I see walking is TruJ. And that more to with him being overpriced than the cap.

by /zn/
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   6758  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

The Rams decision guys are all young and high energy. Fisher is no longer there to burden or distract them with his good old boy persona.

Jeez man. The imaginations of some people. 8-)

They have a good team NOW because they acquired talent from 2012. You can't name the last Rams team, for example, that got 3 very good secondary starters in one draft year (Jenkins, Tru, McLeod)...and not a first rounder among them. Yeah they had the higher first rounders, but almost every team in the league has had high first rounders at some point, but it's not that many who drafted consecutive rookies of the year + offense/defensive players of the year. And so on.

And as for the bs part...Snead has always been Snead and he has always done his job. He hired analytics people a while ago. That's not new. If he was so feeble that he could get DISTRACTED doing his job then he wouldn't be any good NOW either (and that's assuming your mythic renderings about the head coach are true, and they don't strike me as the least bit in tune, observant, or accurate).

by BuiltRamTough
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   5357  
Armenia   Los Angeles
Hall of Fame

max wrote:The Rams decision guys are all young and high energy. Fisher is no longer there to burden or distract them with his good old boy persona.

Demoff mentioned that the Eagles were ahead of the curve on analytics and they have been more active in trading than anyone recently. I think Demoff used that to reinforce his belief in analytics and the trades the Rams are making now and last year.

A great quote from Greg Rosenthal this week was that the salary cap is overrated if almost everyone has enough of it. I think the Eagles figured that out early. Smart finance guys like Demoff have figured out how to work numbers to field the most good players. Optimization through single year contracts, trading for reasonably priced vets with great value, and capitalizing on cheap rookie contracts.

I expect we as fans are overly worried about cap space than we should be. The Rams will keep who they want. That means if the Rams want to keep Watkins and Joyner than they will. The only guy I see walking is TruJ. And that more to with him being overpriced than the cap.

Looks like you’re back to being friends with Snead, Demoff and Kroenke.

by Elvis
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   38381  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Continuity? Sure when you've got good people.

But getting rid of Fisher was essential to our current success...

• 2 / 5
46 posts Mar 28 2024