8 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by aeneas1
6 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

for the first time in 14+ years, since the 2003 12-4 season, the rams have avoided losing consecutive games, despite facing a couple of challenges.

- after losing to the redskins in week 2, the 1-1 rams faced the 0-2 niners, most of us felt pretty good about the rams chances headed into that game even tho it was on the road. it was the rams first consecutive loss test, and they passed.

- after losing a tough one the seahawks in week 5, the 3-2 rams faced the 3-2 jags, who had whipped the 3-1 steelers the week before. this road game appeared to be a bit more problematic than the niners road game, as the rams were 1-point underdogs @ jacksonville, but the rams prevailed nonetheless, and once again avoided consecutive losses.

- after getting soundly (arguably) beat by the vikings in week 11, the 7-3 rams hosted the red-hot 8-2 saints, winners of their last 8. once again the rams were put to the consecutive loss test, against a very capable opponent, but once again rose to the challenge.

- after losing a heart-breaker to the 10-2 eagles, the 9-4 rams will face the 8-5 seahawks - once again they'll be put to the consecutive loss test, with a ton riding on the outcome, will they prevail? hell yeah they will!

by snackdaddy
6 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   9656  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

I like our chances. I know the front 7 of our opponent is formidable. But I believe McVay will devise plays and formations to limit that pressure. Either through play action or quicker passes or max protect. And our defensive speed can make things tougher for Wilson than other teams. Plus, aside from Webster we're pretty healthy going into this game.

by TomSlick
6 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   2908  
Italy   Many of us know the feeling of the universe conspiring to bring car and driver together.
Superstar

Maximize the winning streaks and minimize the losing streaks...man, this is fun...forgot what that was like.

by max
6 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   5580  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

Either the Rams or the Hawks will have consecutive losses after this game.

The question is which team is more likely to avoid consecutive losses?

Frankly, my guess is the proven winning veteran team playing with a huge HFA.

The Hawks tore up the Eagles at home. They will be even tougher this time with what’s at stake.

by aeneas1
6 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

max wrote:Either the Rams or the Hawks will have consecutive losses after this game.

The question is which team is more likely to avoid consecutive losses?

Frankly, my guess is the proven winning veteran team playing with a huge HFA.

The Hawks tore up the Eagles at home. They will be even tougher this time with what’s at stake.

yeah, pretty sure no one who covers sports will say "holy shat, can you believe the seahawks beat the rams" should the rams come up short this sunday... the seahawks have a bunch of defensive studs sidelined, a qb and little else on offense, yet no one is counting them out, testimony to a team that has put up double digit wins and made the postseason in each of the 5 seasons wilson has been there.

anyway, altho i don't think i mentioned it because i didn't want to be a debbie downer, i thought the eagles were going to embarrass the rams, thought they were going to expose them, beat them soundly, and when the score was 21-7 early i thought "there it is"... but the rams showed some real moxie and should have won that thing, they played like a legitimate postseason team, which has made me feel much better about this weekend. that said, the fuckin' seahawks are a tough out, even when they appear "beatable", especially at centurylink. c'mon rams!

by ramsman34
6 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   8516  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

aeneas1 wrote:yeah, pretty sure no one who covers sports will say "holy shat, can you believe the seahawks beat the rams" should the rams come up short this sunday... the seahawks have a bunch of defensive studs sidelined, a qb and little else on offense, yet no one is counting them out, testimony to a team that has put up double digit wins and made the postseason in each of the 5 seasons wilson has been there.

anyway, altho i don't think i mentioned it because i didn't want to be a debbie downer, i thought the eagles were going to embarrass the rams, thought they were going to expose them, beat them soundly, and when the score was 21-7 early i thought "there it is"... but the rams showed some real moxie and should have won that thing, they played like a legitimate postseason team, which has made me feel much better about this weekend. that said, the fuckin' seahawks are a tough out, even when they appear "beatable", especially at centurylink. c'mon rams!

I felt the same way in my gut. And, truly thought after the on-fire start to the second half, the Rams would find a way to win that game. This game i here in Seattle scares me even more. That place is like voodoo to the road team and the shesquats pull the proverbial rabbit out of the hat so many times playing at home. the Rams need to be highly focused and all business up here this Sunday. Don't get sucked into the shesquats tendency to be chippy. Play snap to whistle with intensity and doing your individual job. I want to see the Rams get up on this team early and then pound them with the run game and take kill shots with play-action. Be aggressive all game long but be "situationally aware aggressive" as McVay has been redundantly pontificating after every single game.

by max
6 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   5580  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:yeah, pretty sure no one who covers sports will say "holy shat, can you believe the seahawks beat the rams" should the rams come up short this sunday... the seahawks have a bunch of defensive studs sidelined, a qb and little else on offense, yet no one is counting them out, testimony to a team that has put up double digit wins and made the postseason in each of the 5 seasons wilson has been there.

I didn’t think the Eagles would embarrass the Rams. I thought it would be close at home.

But I think the Hawks will beat us up there. I don’t think they’ll embarrass the Rams, but they’ll do what they need to do to stay alive in the playoffs.

I hope I’m wrong and McVay and his players shows everyone that they are ready to take the division from the champs. Cause that’s what they’ll have to do. The Hawks will not hand the Rams anything. The Hawks are favored and most people expect them to win.

by PARAM
6 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   12239  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

max wrote:I didn’t think the Eagles would embarrass the Rams. I thought it would be close at home.

But I think the Hawks will beat us up there. I don’t think they’ll embarrass the Rams, but they’ll do what they need to do to stay alive in the playoffs.

I hope I’m wrong and McVay and his players shows everyone that they are ready to take the division from the champs. Cause that’s what they’ll have to do. The Hawks will not hand the Rams anything. The Hawks are favored and most people expect them to win.

I thought the Eagles game would be close. I didn't think we'd lose.

Seattle has always been tough to beat at home. But I don't think Seattle is what they've always been either. It's not going to be easy in any case. It'll take a complete game and not giving them the ball 5 times might help.

Hoping Gurley has a huge game.

• 1 / 1
8 posts Apr 16 2024