Hall of Fame

it was truly a

moment.

by snackdaddy
6 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

I think most of us felt Fisher was a good hire at the time. And he did transform us from pitiful to almost respectable. Its just that by the final year it was becoming clear he would never get us past that point. His ceiling was reached the year before. Then it started to collapse the final year.

He had one year too many. But it was meant to be. If they fired him after 4 years of no winning seasons McVay would not be on anyone's radar yet. What McVay's done is nothing short of remarkable. And all of this without a first round pick which woulda been a top 5. Simply amazing.

by aeneas1
6 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

snackdaddy wrote:I think most of us felt Fisher was a good hire at the time. And he did transform us from pitiful to almost respectable.

i hear that a lot but i never felt that way - imo the rams needed to fix the offense if they were ever going to get better, and under fisher the offense was as pathetically bad, as laughably bad, as it had been under the other yahoos who preceded him. 7-9? spags booked a 7-9 record. no one ever considered the rams an nfc west threat under fisher, for good reason, because the rams offense was a joke. thank goodness those days are over!

by St. Loser Fan
6 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

As a celebration has anyone gone back to Amazon Prime and watched the video of Fisher announcing to the team his firing?

by dieterbrock
6 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:i hear that a lot but i never felt that way - imo the rams needed to fix the offense if they were ever going to get better, and under fisher the offense was as pathetically bad, as laughably bad, as it had been under the other yahoos who preceded him. 7-9? spags booked a 7-9 record. no one ever considered the rams an nfc west threat under fisher, for good reason, because the rams offense was a joke. thank goodness those days are over!

The only times I felt like we really had a chance to be legit under Fisher was
1) Heading to Seattle at 7-7-1 and a shot at over .500, only to watch Bradford just suck an egg
2) After destroying Peyton Manning, then whitewashing Oakland and Washington back to back, I seriously thought for a minute we had something

by ramsfan1977
6 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   1319  
United States of America   New Jersey
Pro Bowl

dieterbrock wrote:The only times I felt like we really had a chance to be legit under Fisher was
1) Heading to Seattle at 7-7-1 and a shot at over .500, only to watch Bradford just suck an egg
2) After destroying Peyton Manning, then whitewashing Oakland and Washington back to back, I seriously thought for a minute we had something

and the Tie summed up the Fisher era, throw a bomb to Amendola in OT to put us on the 2 yard line and set up game winning FG only to have illegal formation...

by Neil039
6 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   2664  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

ramsfan1977 wrote:and the Tie summed up the Fisher era, throw a bomb to Amendola in OT to put us on the 2 yard line and set up game winning FG only to have illegal formation...

It's insane how coaches turn incredibly moronic inside the 10 yard line. They forget everything and go into a panic. My guess Fisher and staff couldn't move the twigs and bottles caps around in such a tight space :roll:

• 2 / 2
18 posts Apr 18 2024