17 posts
  • 1 / 2
 by PARAM
6 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   12186  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

How come I can't highlight, copy and post? Is there something I screwed up?

by aeneas1
6 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

PARAM wrote:How come I can't highlight, copy and post? Is there something I screwed up?

gotta get out of the rfu section more, just now saw this, what exactly is happening, when/where are you trying to do this and it's not working?

by aeneas1
6 years 3 months ago
Hall of Fame

not sure if this is what your'e referring to, but you can't copy/paste stuff that's been quoted, stuff that's in the grey quote box, not sure why the software is set up this way, there may be an admin setting to disable this, or at the very least a code hack that will fix it, let me know if this is what you're talking about....

by PARAM
6 years 3 months ago
Hall of Fame

Whenever I try to copy and paste.

When I go to the "reply" page....on the right it says

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[flash] is OFF
[url] is ON
Smiles are ON

I don't know if that indicates something or not. On every other page/site on the internet I can copy and paste.

by PARAM
6 years 3 months ago
Hall of Fame

If I hit " (quote) on a post, then go to highlight stuff out of the post it doesn't work. No shading at all.

by aeneas1
6 years 3 months ago
Hall of Fame

PARAM wrote:If I hit " (quote) on a post, then go to highlight stuff out of the post it doesn't work. No shading at all.

still not following...

i just hit the quote button to quote your above message, your message appears bracketed in [quote] bbcode as it should, i'm typing my reply below it ....

if i try to copy and paste any of your quote i see above, i'm still in the reply box, i can... if i scroll down from this text box i can see replies that have been posted to this thread, i can copy and paste any of them.

by PARAM
6 years 3 months ago
Hall of Fame

Okay, in your post for instance. Before I hit "reply+" I try and copy something that you said, nothing happens. I press the mouse and slide it but no highlighting appears. Even after I hit "quote" if I try to remove irrelevant sentences from the quote, same thing. Nothing.

by Elvis
6 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   38381  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Okay, in your post for instance.

I highlighted the above, hit reply and then pasted it in this reply box and added italics.

Seems to work for me...

Edit: Though i will say sometimes highlighting text on one of our topic pages (not in reply or compose mode just reading a topic) can be a little hinky and unpredictable...

by aeneas1
6 years 3 months ago
Hall of Fame

let's use the following (pictured) post as an example...

1. you're scrolling through a thread and you see this post and want to reply.
2. before hitting the reply button or quote button you try to copy all or some of the content in the grey box, which contains quoted content - nothing will happen because that's how this software has been designed, there might be an admin setting that we can disable to fix this, if not we can probably do a code hack.
3. you should be able to copy/paste anything from the post that's not in the grey box, that's not quoted content.
4. if you quote the post the content in the grey box will disappear, the quote you see in the post will disappear once the reply box launches, only what you see below the quote will appear, the assumption being that's what you're responding to, not what's in the grey box, this is intentional, to prevent posts from containing large numbers of previous quotes.

am i missing something else? does this help?

02.png

by PARAM
6 years 3 months ago
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:let's use the following (pictured) post as an example...

1. you're scrolling through a thread and you see this post and want to reply.
2. before hitting the reply button or quote button you try to copy all or some of the content in the grey box, which contains quoted content - nothing will happen because that's how this software has been designed, there might be an admin setting that we can disable to fix this, if not we can probably do a code hack.
3. you should be able to copy/paste anything from the post that's not in the grey box, that's not quoted content.
4. if you quote the post the content in the grey box will disappear, the quote you see in the post will disappear once the reply box launches, only what you see below the quote will appear, the assumption being that's what you're responding to, not what's in the grey box, this is intentional, to prevent posts from containing large numbers of previous quotes.

am i missing something else? does this help?

02.png

Yeah, I can't copy and paste anything at any time. Funny is I'm on my laptop now and the same thing, so it's gotta be a setting on my account.

• 1 / 2
17 posts Mar 29 2024