142 posts
  • 14 / 15
 by PhxRam
7 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   376  
Mexico   LA Coliseum
Starter

@aeneas1 can you pm the code you used recently that wasnt scrolling? I got some spare time and want to mess with it and see if I can come up with a solution. Also can you point me to some others you were interested in?

by aeneas1
7 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

@PhxRam
@Elvis

1 - i'll look for the code but not sure i'll be able to find it, i've played around with a lot of different codes and just toss them and move on....

2 - not only did the other ticker have a scroll prob, but it wasn't responsive, i.e. it didn't function well in phone mode which, unfortunately, is the case with a lot of these tickers...

3 - phx, if you have time and want to play around with ticker code, just go to any sports website and grab their code, it's what i've been doing...

4- re the current code, yeah, i have flash always enabled, but most don't, in order to not show the arrow you have change your browser setting to always allow, which is typically not recommended... that said, the code was a test that i'll most likely scratch soon given it doesn't display well in responsive mode either...

by PhxRam
7 years 4 months ago
Mexico   LA Coliseum
Starter

aeneas1 wrote:@PhxRam
@Elvis

1 - i'll look for the code but not sure i'll be able to find it, i've played around with a lot of different codes and just toss them and move on....

2 - not only did the other ticker have a scroll prob, but it wasn't responsive, i.e. it didn't function well in phone mode which, unfortunately, is the case with a lot of these tickers...

3 - phx, if you have time and want to play around with ticker code, just go to any sports website and grab their code, it's what i've been doing...

4- re the current code, yeah, i have flash always enabled, but most don't, in order to not show the arrow you have change your browser setting to always allow, which is typically not recommended... that said, the code was a test that i'll most likely scratch soon given it doesn't display well in responsive mode either...

Why not just use css and not show the ticker under a certain resolution?

by aeneas1
7 years 4 months ago
Hall of Fame

sure, no doubt an option, but i would prefer finding a responsive option given the large amount of rfu-ers that visit the site using mobile, plus i've already nixed a lot of other bells and whistles for mobile view, would be nice to start trying add bells and whistles that can be enjoyed in mobile view...

by PhxRam
7 years 4 months ago
Mexico   LA Coliseum
Starter

aeneas1 wrote:sure, no doubt an option, but i would prefer finding a responsive option given the large amount of rfu-ers that visit the site using mobile, plus i've already nixed a lot of other bells and whistles for mobile view, would be nice to start trying add bells and whistles that can be enjoyed in mobile view...

Well not to be a downer but the current one doesnt work on mobile at all.

by aeneas1
7 years 4 months ago
Hall of Fame

PhxRam wrote:Well not to be a downer but the current one doesnt work on mobile at all.

not a downer at all, it was just a test, thought it was visible in mobile (assuming flash was installed/enabled), but just not responsive, moot anyway, don't like the look or functionality after living with it for a couple of days...

by RedAlice
7 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   6596  
United States of America   Dallas, Texas
Hall of Fame

Can we have some more emoji's? I don't know how you do that, but would be great.

For instance, I keep wanting to use this one all day today:
Attachments
cloud.png

by aeneas1
7 years 4 months ago
Hall of Fame

RedAlice wrote:Can we have some more emoji's? I don't know how you do that, but would be great.

For instance, I keep wanting to use this one all day today:

a couple of things....

1. feel free to start a new thread in this forum (rfu forum - new look), you don't have to just add to this or any other thread, that way your request will be much more visible!

2. sure, "smilies" or "emojis" can always be added, assuming it's something elvis thinks would work for the rfu forum, do you have a link to emoji sets that grab you, if so let rfu know!

by aeneas1
5 years 11 months ago
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:1. at this time there's no option to change screen color, but i can definitely check it out....
2. dashboard > directory - second item on the list, rfu chat... i set it up so there's a general chat room and a game day chat room, maybe we can get some folks to test it out before kickoff... why don't you go ahead and make some posts to it right now, see how you like it....

test

• 14 / 15
142 posts Mar 29 2024