142 posts
  • 13 / 15
 by aeneas1
7 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

PhxRam wrote:wouldnt it be easier to get a window resizer extension for your browser?

resizers only work reliably/correctly if your monitor(s) is set to 100%, my monitors aren't, and it's a surprising amount of work to set them to 100% whenever i need to do some tweaking, and then reset them back to their current %... that said, i've gone ahead and started to just use my virtual machine for this work, which has its display set to 100%, prob is it's a dog when online, nowhere near as snappy or responsive as the alternative, but it's better than nothing... anyway glad you responded to this thread because i forgot i had requested screen grabs, they're no longer needed...

by PhxRam
7 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   376  
Mexico   LA Coliseum
Starter

aeneas1 wrote:resizers only work reliably/correctly if your monitor(s) is set to 100%, my monitors aren't, and it's a surprising amount of work to set them to 100% whenever i need to do some tweaking, and then reset them back to their current %... that said, i've gone ahead and started to just use my virtual machine for this work, which has its display set to 100%, prob is it's a dog when online, nowhere near as snappy or responsive as the alternative, but it's better than nothing... anyway glad you responded to this thread because i forgot i had requested screen grabs, they're no longer needed...

glad I remind you of screen grabs. ;)

by aeneas1
7 years 5 months ago
Hall of Fame

by RedAlice
7 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   6596  
United States of America   Dallas, Texas
Hall of Fame

@aeneas1

I like the ticker tape with the games.

by PhxRam
7 years 5 months ago
Mexico   LA Coliseum
Starter

RedAlice wrote:@aeneas1

I like the ticker tape with the games.

I agree. It looked pretty sweet.

by aeneas1
7 years 5 months ago
Hall of Fame

@RedAlice
@PhxRam

hoping to find one that works great, there are a lot of really nice ones out there but they're tough to get going here given you have to pretty much poach the code (which of course really isn't kosher), and then try to rework the code to get it to work properly, which often isn't easy...

the one that was up a couple of weeks ago, a tester, didn't scroll correctly so it was scratched...

the current ticker is old code from nfl.com that many sites still use, that seems to be in the public domain (i believe it was a free widget nfl.com once offered), but it's very dated, boring, and is not designed to adjust to mobile devices (it's not responsive)...

anyway, if anyone comes across a cool one, preferably a widget, let me know! there's a pretty nice one out there i tried, can't remember the source, with nice graphics, but it's branded far too much, and very ugly branding to boot...

by PhxRam
7 years 5 months ago
Mexico   LA Coliseum
Starter

The other downside to this current one is the fact that it is running flash which is disabled on most up to date browsers

by Elvis
7 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   38452  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

I had to push the play button to get it to show the scores...

by PhxRam
7 years 5 months ago
Mexico   LA Coliseum
Starter

@aeneas1 you dont need the js in that ticker code. It is not being used and is just spitting back errors on your site.

• 13 / 15
142 posts Apr 19 2024