10 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by Elvis
8 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   38377  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

I asked @JericGriffin a few question on our behalf:

1. Are your pieces on relocation purely opinion or is there also reporting involved? What are you basing your NFL/L.A. articles on?

I typically don't break news; my columns are reactions to news that breaks and I try to include relevant information that isn't included in the original breaking news. My column today on the Chargers' relocation is a perfect example.

2. Do you still think it's the Raiders and the Rams in L.A. in 2016?

I think the Rams will be in L.A. in a temporary home in 2016 (Rose Bowl or L.A. Coliseum) while the new Inglewood stadium is being built. It'll likely be ready for the 2018 NFL season. I also think the Raiders or Chargers will join the Rams in Inglewood instead of joining forces in Carson, and if I had to bet, I'd say it'll be the Raiders.

3. Any chance Spanos gets Kroenke and/or Davis to hold off for a year?

I don't think anyone is holding off at all. The Rams and Raiders' leases are up after this season and the NFL is securing temporary homes for teams in L.A. next season. Kroenke is doing his own thing with no regard for anyone else and Davis won't hesitate to jump on board with him if/when the Chargers get things worked out to stay in San Diego.

by max
8 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   5579  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

Post this on the PD board and run for cover.

by Hacksaw
8 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Nicely done Elvis. You've been a busy boy. I hope this Jeric cat is on top of it.

by Elvis
8 years 9 months ago
Administrator

max wrote:Post this on the PD board and run for cover.

Yeah, they're probably not big Jeric Griffin fans over there. But it would be wrong not to share...

by TomSlick
8 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   2907  
Italy   Many of us know the feeling of the universe conspiring to bring car and driver together.
Superstar

Hacksaw wrote:I hope this Jeric cat is on top of it.

Well, Jeric agrees with me so his word is gold. lol.

Oakland is a dung heap, nothing will be built there. Davis will be on the move.

Elvis, thanks for acquiring this stuff.

by Elvis
8 years 9 months ago
Administrator

TomSlick wrote:
Hacksaw wrote:I hope this Jeric cat is on top of it.

Well, Jeric agrees with me so his word is gold. lol.

Oakland is a dung heap, nothing will be built there. Davis will be on the move.

Elvis, thanks for acquiring this stuff.

No problem. Hey did you check out my Rams trash can in GD?

by Hacksaw
8 years 9 months ago

Sweet can. I remember those. Break it out. Never put an AB product in it though,, that might begin electrolysis. (not the hair removal type)

by Hacksaw
8 years 9 months ago

We all guessed that could be the case. The league must have a clue. But is that any big deal in the scheme of things?
ESK tried to work with StL but most likely doesn't want to any more. Apparently that is the same with Spanos. Did ESK give it every chance? probably not. Did Spanos? probably not. Did either try enough? probably. So what is the difference between the two? Not motive as they are both trying to enrich themselves financially. The only difference might be is the honesty, and ulterior motive simply to block ESK and possibly with a pinch of spite blended in. Sure is hard to read this thing.

by The Ripper
8 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   494  
United States of America   Naples, FL
Starter

Hacksaw wrote:We all guessed that could be the case. The league must have a clue. But is that any big deal in the scheme of things?
ESK tried to work with StL but most likely doesn't want to any more. Apparently that is the same with Spanos. Did ESK give it every chance? probably not. Did Spanos? probably not. Did either try enough? probably. So what is the difference between the two? Not motive as they are both trying to enrich themselves financially. The only difference might be is the honesty, and ulterior motive simply to block ESK and possibly with a pinch of spite blended in. Sure is hard to read this thing.

The problem with giving St Louis every chance is that there's a 20 year history. They did everything they could to get the team right from the start, The original deal contained a provision that either side could walk away if the relocation fee was over 7.5 million but FANS Inc decided to come up with the extra money to pay the NFL. That caused the CVC to miss guaranteed payments in the first few years of the lease. Then they delayed the 2005 review for 2 years and then came back with a low ball offer. Then their arbitration proposal. St Louis comes together for a crisis but what about the other 20 years. The Dome was required to be maintained a top tier facility at all time.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

• 1 / 1
10 posts Mar 28 2024